Sunday 12 August 2012

Learning Process I

With the start of this MA academic year, I enjoyed learning about different ideas and styles in animation. The weekly assignments in the previous semesters have helped me narrow down my interest area and consider a specific area of focus that I can develop to a more advanced level.

When I started thinking about my final project, I wanted to produce something I’ve never done before, that would allow me to combine all my learning and expose me to new challenges. I also wanted to demonstrate a high level of consideration of cinematography and editing in a 3D-animated film that will raise it to a more polished standard.

One main important aspect of my learning process is that I engaged myself with aesthetic and communicative properties that allowed me to understand how the design decision making process is influenced by the needs of audiences. The pre-production phase exposed me to new techniques in character design and storyboarding. It helped me realize that every decision in the pre-production is worthy of attention, since it can save time and ease the work process in the production phase.

During the production phase, I was able to widen my understanding of the different possibilities available for problem-solving techniques in 3D. I went through different techniques in character animation, and got fully immersed in applying the traditional principles of animation to my digital production.

I learned to look at other artists’ work and explore it closely before starting to create something. . I learned that inspiration is extremely necessary in every art work because it opens up the mind and the heart and gives both new ways to express themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment