Monday 20 August 2012

Creative and Production Process II


Animation Process:


To animate a character, I had to analyze and practice the animation principles, one by one, from simple to more complex. Bill Evans states: “Animation in its purest form follows the rhythms of music and speaks to the same universal mind. Think of the funniest walk cycle you have ever seen and try to put it into words. You can’t. It doesn't matter what language you speak. Great poses and pure movement speaks to our humanity- the part of us that operates below the verbal level.”

Before the actual animation phase starts, I had to decide which personality each character will convey, so I could get my animation to be as real as possible. the goal behind acting for animation is a feeling of spontaneity.

Using footage references is very important for character animation. This is why I recorded myself and a friend acting and doing the desired motions then used the footage as a reference to help me in my animation, especially with the “timing and spacing” principle. It’s very essential for the animator to be somehow good in acting and to be able to get a sense of how the body moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment