Monday 6 August 2012

Inspiration 5: Fire in the evening by Paul Klee



Looking at Paul Klee’s work taught me to give more importance to detail and to light and dark values that provide appealing contrasts to my artwork, animations and paintings. I have been encouraged by his devotion to his art to venture in methods and techniques, to experiment and find new ways to express myself. I also noticed that Paul Klee progressively separated colour from physical description and started using it independently, which made his paintings become more abstract. Klee’s work has been described as “alluding to poetry, music and dreams”, three things that are very dear to my heart and that always find a way into my work. In the pre-production and production phase, my work has been inspired by Klee: specially in the use of colors and childlike mood in the film.
Part of my work was inspired by Klee, whether it's how I managed color and visual style, or how I included a childish feel to my artefact. My short film starts with childish drawings and the credits are all written by my 6 year old cousin, I wanted the entire film to relate to childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment